UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
Memory of the world is a UNESCO program aiming at preservation and dissemination of valuable archive holdings and library collections worldwide. Six exquisite Iranian manuscripts, namely, the Shahnameh Bayasonghori and Rab I-Rashidi endowment were registered in UNESCO memory of the world list.
1. Radif of Iranian music in 2009.
2. Novruz, Nowrouz, Nooruz, Navruz, Nauroz, Nevruz new year festival in 2009.
3. Traditional skills of carpet weaving of Kashan in 2010.
4. Traditional skills of carpet weaving of Fars in 2010.
5. Ritual dramatic art of Ta‘zīye in 2010.
6. Pahlevani and Zoorkhanei rituals in 2010.
7. Music of the Bakhshis of Khorasan in 2010.
8. Naqqāli, Iranian dramatic story-telling in 2011.
9. Traditional skills of building and sailing Iranian Lenj boats in the Persian Gulf in 2011.
10. Qālišuyān rituals of Mašhad-e Ardehāl Kashan in 2012.